Urgently needed

If you are a landlord looking for a tenant and have any of these available:

  • A property suitable for a 6 person family.
  • A property suitable for a 8 person family.
  • A property suitable for a 10 person family.

Anywhere in Sandwell – we need to hear from your urgently. We might have your next tenant.

Please email Liz Mooney at: Elizabeth_mooney@sandwell.gov.uk



Consultation on our opening hours

Consultation on our opening hours

We are currently considering changing our opening hours for the Revenues and Benefits service at our Kings Square West Bromwich site and the Cashiers Service at Smethwick Council House.

We are inviting people’s views on this issue – if you would like to submit comments – please go to http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/consultation where you will find an online questionnaire.

Questionnaires should be submitted before 11th December 2017.


Don’t miss this … Sandwell Private Sector Housing on TV.

The Housing enforcers

Everyday next week – Sandwell’s finest will be on your TV screens.

Officers Christina Bartholomew, Neal Cooper, Richard Hawkins and Neena Varma from Sandwell Council’s Housing Quality Team will feature on the BBC One show every day next week alongside presenter Matt Allwright tackling poor quality housing, overcrowding and crime alongside West Midlands Police and West Midlands Fire Service within Sandwell.

If you miss it – episodes will then be available to stream for 30 days on BBC iPlayer.


Rent arrears – chasing debt – new legislation.

We now have an agenda for next week’s landlord forum.
Quite apart from the speakers on debt and rent arrears, both of whom should make it well worth attending, you will also get a briefing on new and upcoming legislation from Mary Latham of the National Landlords Association. (Who are joint hosts for the event). Mary is one of the most informative, knowledgeable and entertaining speakers you will find anywhere in the field.


If you haven’t yet booked your FREE place – please email Tina Dolan tina_dolan@sandwell.gov.uk to confirm that you will be attending. It’s at 2.00pm 2nd November at the Council Chamber, Oldbury Council House.

Look forward to seeing you there.