On 7th October, just over 650 landlords and agents attended our fourth regional conference. We think this is the biggest one-day event of its kind in the UK.
The event was put together by Mary Latham of the National Landlords Association, Mark Woodhall of Wolverhampton Council, Matt Smith of Birmingham Council and your blog co-editor Liz Mooney. Needless to say many people played a role in making the event a success. So thanks to everybody; not forgetting the many sponsors whose support meant that the event could be kept free of charge to landlords.
Plenty of housing expertise, very little fashion sense. Liz Mooney, Gary Wright and Matt Smith looking a bit purple at the conference.
MC’d by Sandwell’s Steven Gabriel, the presentations and workshops included:
- Living in Interesting Times from Richard Lambert of the National Landlords Association
- Tackling Rogue Landlords by Isabella Connell
- Crisis an introduction to the leading Homelessness Charity – by Chris Hancock
- Immigration Act 2016 looking at the Right to rent rules for residential landlords
- Landlords and Tax by Simon Misiewicz
- An update on new and upcoming legislation from Mary Latham of NLA
- Welfare reform by Oliver Wright (please see previous blog posts on Universal credit, the benefit cap and changes to backdating rules).
- Getting the most out of your investment when developing property for rent by Sue Elkington.
Overall – it was a very successful day. If you cant wait till next year’s – please look out for our own local Sandwell Landlord forum, details of which should be announced shortly on the blog.